The General & Conditional Applications for the upcoming 2023 – 2024 Aid Year are now open for the following:
• College of Humanities and Social Sciences *Deadlines may vary for some awards
- CHSS – Bachelor’s Individualized Study
- CHSS – School of Integrative Studies
• College of Public Health *Deadline May 31, 2023
• College of Science *Deadline May 31, 2023
• Financial Aid Office *Deadline May 31, 2023
• GMU ADVANCE Program *Deadline May 31, 2023
• School of Business *Deadline May 31, 2023
Opening Dates to Be Announced for the following Colleges and Schools Conditional Applications:
• College of Education and Human Development – Opening mid-March
• College of Engineering and Computing – TBA
Who Can Apply!
Continuing & Transfer Undergraduate Students
- Admitted to the university
- Must be active and currently enrolled
- Completed at least 12 credit hours of coursework at Mason by the application deadline.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or be in good academic standing!
- Admitted to the university
- Must be currently active or enrolled
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
*Some graduate programs may use this application for incoming graduate students. All graduate students are encouraged to check within their department regarding assistantships, fellowships, and scholarship opportunities.
How to Apply!
- Consideration for scholarship opportunities requires completion of the General Application.
- Many of our scholarships are Auto-Match. The General Scholarship Application will automatically match current Mason students (undergraduates, graduates, and admitted transfers) with scholarship opportunities based on their application and Mason student academic record-completed hours, Mason GPA, etc.
- After completing the General Application, students may be directed to a Conditional Application or the Recommended Opportunities page.
- Some Conditional Applications may require a resume or other supporting documents. Ensure ample time for additional documents to be completed and submitted by the scholarship deadline.
- We recommend typing your essays in word or text document to take advantage of spell check and word count. Once, finished copy and paste your text into the application.
- To access the online application, students must use their Patriot Pass log-in credentials (NetID username and password) and click on the Sign In button.
- If you have issues logging in with your Mason Net ID (username and password), please visit the Password Management website at password.gmu.edu/Patriot Pass.
Deadline to Submit Application!
Specific scholarship deadlines will be indicated in the opportunity description (if applicable). Each school or college may have a different application deadline. Note: If a scholarship does have a deadline, the application will close at 11:59 pm EST on the listed deadline date.
Notification of Mason Foundation scholarships begins mid-June and continues on a rolling basis. Only students selected for the award will receive an official letter via email from the department or award committee. Recipients may view their awards on Patriot Web in the Financial Aid Awards section.
Please visit the External Scholarship List for opportunities offered to Mason students from local and national organizations. Scholarships run a year in advance peak times are from October through April. Missing a deadline can mean missing out until the next cycle for many scholarship opportunities.
Welcome back! In order to access your account to serve as a reference or reviewer, please sign in using your email address and the password you set when you created your account. If you need to recover your password, please click on trouble signing in.