Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation Dr. Scholl Foundation Scholarship Program
The Dr. Scholl Foundation Scholarship Program supports students in the Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation at George Mason University. Applicants will need to have a 3.5 GPA and provide with their application a current resume, a letter of recommendation from a reference familiar with the applicant’s conservation aspirations, and 250-word responses explaining their motivation to pursue conservation studies, a specific experience in which the applicant made a difference as it relates to conservation or their community and its environment, and their academic and/or career aspirations.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a response to all three essay prompts, a minimum of 250 words for each explaining your motivation to pursue conservation studies.
- Describe a specific experience in which you made a difference as it relates to conservation or your community and the environment.
- Describe your academic and/or career aspirations involving conservation after graduation, and explain how this funding from Scholl foundation will help you realize your future goals in conservation work.
- Explain your motivation to pursue conservation studies. You may include information on your personal history, family background and/or certain opportunities that have influenced your interest in conservation.
- Please include a copy of your most recent resume that includes your work and/or volunteer experience. Be sure to include any organizational memberships related to conservation.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from a reference familiar with your conservation aspirations.