The Mason Scholarship Application is now open with limited opportunities for Spring 2024. Each school or college may have a different application deadline. Students should contact their respective departments for further information about the scholarships offered through their program.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences ( CHSS – School of Integrative Studies & Bachelor’s Individualized Study)
- Financial Aid Office
- George Mason University Alumni Association
- University Life-Undocumented Scholars
The following Conditional Applications are closed!
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Engineering and Computing
- College of Public Health
- College of Science
- GMU ADVANCE Program
- School of Business
- Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation
Who Can Apply!
Continuing & Transfer Undergraduate Students
- Admitted to the university
- Must be active and currently enrolled
- Completed at least 12 credit hours of coursework at Mason by the application deadline.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or in good academic standing!
- Admitted to the university
- Must be currently active or enrolled
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
*Some graduate programs may use this application for incoming graduate students. All graduate students are encouraged to check within their department regarding assistantships, fellowships, and scholarship opportunities.
How to Apply!
- Consideration for scholarship opportunities requires completion of the General Application.
- Many of our scholarships are Auto-Match. The General Scholarship Application will automatically match current Mason students (undergraduates, graduates, and admitted transfers) with scholarship opportunities based on their application and Mason student academic record-completed hours, Mason GPA, etc.
- After completing the General Application, students may be directed to a Conditional Application or the Recommended Opportunities page.
- Some Conditional Applications may require a resume or other supporting documents. Ensure ample time for additional documents to be completed and submitted by the scholarship deadline.
- We recommend typing your essays in Word or text document to take advantage of spell check and word count. Once, finished copy and paste your text into the application.
- To access the online application, students must use their Patriot Pass log-in credentials (NetID username and password) and click on the Sign In button.
- If you have issues logging in with your Mason Net ID (username and password), please visit the Password Management website at password.gmu.edu/Patriot Pass.
Deadline to Submit Application!
The opportunity description will indicate specific scholarship deadlines (if applicable). Each school or college may have a different application deadline. Note: If a scholarship does have a deadline, the application will close at 11:59 p.m. EST on the listed deadline date.
Notification of Mason Foundation scholarships begins in mid-June and continues on a rolling basis. Only students selected for the award will receive an official letter via email from the department or award committee. Recipients may view their awards on Patriot Web in the Financial Aid Awards section.
Please visit the External Scholarship List for opportunities for Mason students from local and national organizations. Scholarships run a year in advance peak times are from October through April. Missing a deadline can mean missing out until the next cycle for many scholarship opportunities.
1Lt. Peter C. Forame Endowed Scholarship
The Peter C. Forame Student Leader Scholarship was established by the...
Alumni Association 50th Anniversary Endowed Scholarship
The Alumni Association 50th Anniversary Endowed Scholarship was...
Black Scholars Endowed Fund
The Black Scholars Endowed Fund was established in 2010 by the Black...
George Mason University Alumni Association Service Endowed Scholarship
The George Mason University Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship was...
Hine Family Endowed Scholarship
The Hine Family Endowed Scholarship was established in 2019 by Scott and...
John C. and Louise P. Wood Alumni Endowed Scholarship
The John C. and Louise P. Wood Endowed Scholarship was established in...
Rachel Sleichter Endowed Scholarship for Teaching Excellence
The Rachel Sleichter Scholarship for Teaching Excellence provides...
Sean Casey Boyle Memorial Scholarship
The Sean Casey Boyle Memorial Scholarship was established in 1997 by...
School of Integrative Studies Founders Endowed Scholarship
The School of Integrative Studies (SIS) Experiential Learning (EL)...
Undocumented Scholars Award
The First Gen, Next Gen scholarship fund was established in 2016 through...
Bill Miller BFA Scholarship for Diversity in Creative Writing
The Bill Miller BFA Scholarship for Diversity in Creative Writing was...
Mark and Catherine Winkler Single Parent Endowed Scholarship
The Mark and Catherine Winkler Single Parent Endowed Scholarship was...