General and Conditional Applications are open on a rolling basis and listed on the home page below when available!
The below applications and recommended opportunities on our website are currently open!
- Bachelor of Individualized Studies
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Humanities and Socal Studies
- George Mason Alumni Association
- School of Business
- School of Integrative Studies
- Students With Disabilities
Who Can Apply!
Continuing & Transfer Undergraduate Students
- Admitted to the university
- Must be active and currently enrolled
- Completed at least 12 credits hours of coursework at Mason by the application deadline.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or in good academic standing!
- Admitted to the university
- Must be currently active or enrolled
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
*Some graduate programs may use this application for incoming graduate students. All graduate students are encouraged to check within their department regarding assistantships, fellowships, and scholarship opportunities.
How to Apply!
- Consideration for scholarship opportunities requires completion of the General Application.
- Many of our scholarships are Auto-Match. The General Scholarship Application will automatically match current Mason students (undergraduates, graduates, and admitted transfers) with scholarship opportunities based on their application and Mason student academic record-completed hours, Mason GPA, etc.
- After completing the General Application, students are may be directed to a Conditional Application or the Recommended Opportunities page.
- Some Conditional Applications may require a resume or other supporting documents. Ensure ample time for additional documents to be completed and submitted by the scholarship deadline.
- We recommend typing your essays in word or text document to take advantage of spell check and word count. Once, finished copy and paste your text into the application.
- To access the online application, students must use their Patriot Pass log-in credentials (NetID username and password) click on the Sign In button.
- If you have issues logging in with your Mason Net ID (username and password), please visit the Password Management website at password.gmu.edu/Patriot Pass.
Notification of Mason Foundation scholarships begins mid-June and continues through August. Only students selected for the award will receive an official letter via email from the department or award committee. Recipients may view their awards on Patriot Web in the Financial Aid Awards section.
Please visit the External Scholarship List for opportunities offered to Mason students from local and national organizations. Scholarships run a year in advance peak times are from October through April. Missing a deadline can mean missing out until the next cycle for many scholarship opportunities. https://gmu.academicworks.com/opportunities/external
1Lt. Peter C. Forame Endowed Scholarship
The Peter C. Forame Student Leader Scholarship was established by the...
Alumni Association 50th Anniversary Endowed Scholarship
The Alumni Association 50th Anniversary Endowed Scholarship was...
Black Scholars Endowed Fund
The Black Scholars Endowed Fund was established in 2010 by the Black...
George Mason University Alumni Association Service Endowed Scholarship
The George Mason University Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship was...
John C. and Louise P. Wood Alumni Endowed Scholarship
The John C. and Louise P. Wood Endowed Scholarship was established in...
Amanda R. Kaufman Endowed Scholarship
The Amanda R. Kaufman Endowed Scholarship was established in 2020 to...
Drs. Tuan and Linh Tran Endowed Scholarship
The Drs. Tuan and Linh Tran Endowed Scholarship was established in 2021...
Marylyn T. Graves Endowed Scholarship
Established in 1998 by Marylyn Thompson Graves, BA ’69, an early alumna...
EagleBank Scholarship in Government Contracting
The EagleBank Scholarship in Government Contracting was established by...